Aware, supportive, active!
How to be a good diversity ally...
- Learn what you don’t know about others’ experiences.
- Get to know a diverse set of people.
- Learn about your implicit bias and work to counter it.
- Recognise where your characteristics give you social privileges.
- Be an ally to support others, not to feel good about yourself.
- Silence is not Safety – engage in the diversity discussion.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, and accept correction gracefully.
- Use your influence to give other people a voice.
- Avoid stereotypes, even those that seem 'positive'.
- Be an active bystander.