Both placements will be filled through open recruitment. We’re offering the opportunity to undertake a period of research or realise a project using our workshop and supporting facilities e.g., IT facilities, lending library and lecture programme. AA2A schemes aim to benefit students and institutions through their interaction with practicing Creatives. AA2A welcomes applications from those with disabilities, from culturally diverse backgrounds and non-graduates.
AA2A artists and designer-maker placements at Loughborough University
As part of the national Artists Access to Art Colleges project we will be offering two placements to artists in 2021-22.
For an application pack please contact us directly: email@example.com
Application deadline: 5th September
Facilities available: printmaking, wood, metal, ceramics, mould making, digital media, film and video, performance, photography, painting (Loughborough University are looking to support fine art practices that use any or all of the facilities listed)
- Access is free, hopefully for at least 100 hours, between Oct 2021 and April 2022 (if access is substantially affected, AA2A will allow artists to apply again the following year)
- AA2A's Support Fund, for artists on benefits and low income can provide expenses up to £350
- Artists on AA2A schemes run from 2018 to 2019, or before, can now reapply. Also artists enrolled in 2019, who don't feel they had the access they expected, can also reapply
- All applicants must have at least one year’s professional practice
- Applicants should be able to work with minimal technical support
"The best part of AA2A was the opportunity to access workshops, where technical tutors were so generous with their ideas and suggestions, and the sharing of skills. They made me feel so welcome. Being on AA2A has helped raise my profile and enabled me to work on collaborative projects with university researchers"
- Loughborough University AA2A Creative
More information can also be found on the Arts Council website.