Professor Sue Hignett is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (FCIEHF), Certified European Ergonomist (Eur.Erg) and Chartered Physiotherapist (MCSP).
Prof. Hignett has published over 150 peer-reviewed papers on a wide range of human factors and ergonomics issues including hospital and ambulance design, emergency response, medical device evaluation, staff wellbeing and patient safety (e.g. mobility and falls). She has received research funding from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Engineering and Physical Science Research Council (EPSRC), Dept. of Health (UK), EU (Horizon 2020) and Industrial Sponsors.
Sue is the Chair of the Education & Training Panel (Professional Affairs Board) at the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors, and Editor for ‘Ergonomics’. She is the past Chair of the International Ergonomics Association Technical Committee on Healthcare Ergonomics and a member of the Peer Review College of the EPSRC and a past member of the EPSRC General Engineering Strategic Advisory Team.
- Environmental Ergonomics Research Centre
- Healthcare Ergonomics and Patient Safety research Unit (HEPSU)
- DSA105 Introduction to Ergonomics (Contributing Lecturer)
- DSB106 Qualitative Methods (Module Organiser)
- DSC100 Project module BSc Ergonomics (Module Organiser)
- DSP103 Human Function (Contributing Lecturer)
- DSP106 Data Collection and Analysis (Module Organiser)
- DSP100 Project module MSc Ergonomics (Contributing Lecturer)
- DSP119 Healthcare Ergonomics & Patient Safety (Contributing Lecturer)
- DSI002 Professional Studies placement (Supervisor)