Darren has been working at the School of the Arts for nearly 30 years and is part of the Creative Digital Technologies and Photography Hub 1 (CDTP).
He specialises in teaching Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign for creative design and print. Darren assists students and staff across the School of Design & Creative Arts, and also campus-wide.
He is also Co-Director of the student-led Lamplight Press with Wim Van Mierlo.
Creative Areas of Work & Interest:
- Logo Design/Branding
- Corporate Identity
- Book/Magazine Layouts (Design)
- Character Design (Conventional & Digital)
- Comic Book Layouts (Adobe Programmes)
- Wacom Tablet/iPad: Illustration/Drawing
- Concept/LookBook Design
- Mood/Trend Board Presentations
- Publication Design (Conventional & Digital)
Darren teaches students in all three years of Textiles: Innovation & Design (parts A, B & C) and some in Graphic Communication & Illustration (part B).
*Textiles: Innovation & Design:
- ACA612 - Design Development for Textiles (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- ACA613 - (IDP: Pathway) Process & Exploration (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- ACA613 - (Print: Pathway) Process & Exploration (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- ACB621 - Materials, Processes & Conceptual Application (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- ACB622 - Sampling & Textile Manufacture (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- ACC633 - Innovation, Exploration & Invention (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
- ACC632 - Final Project: Studio Practice (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign)
Graphic Communication & Illustration:
- ACB804 - Locating Practice: Interpreting Environments & Audiences (Photoshop/InDesign)