Dr Uchitha Jayawickrama is a Senior Lecturer in Information Systems (which is equivalent to Associate Professor) at the Centre for Information Management, Loughborough Business School, Loughborough University. He has research, teaching and industry experience in the field of information systems. He is a Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy (SFHEA), UK. Before joining Loughborough University, he was a Senior Lecturer and a Course Leader at Staffordshire University, UK.
Dr Jayawickrama has published his research in various renowned conferences, books and journals (30+ peer-reviewed outputs) and has won 2 best paper awards in 2 international conferences. He is a reviewer for several journals and international conferences. He has editorial experience in various journals. He has also organised several Research Seminars. He has played a lead role in developing new courses and modules in the higher education sector. He has taught across undergraduate and postgraduate levels both locally and internationally, and has been supervising a number of doctoral researchers (PhD students). He has managed the SAP University Alliance as the Key Contact Person.
Prior to his career in academia, he worked as Oracle Functional Consultant in implementing Oracle E-Business Suite (Oracle ERP) for various industry sectors, followed by the post of Manager - IBM Solutions. His PhD research has been based on ERP implementations in the UK, requiring to work closely with ERP client organisations and ERP implementation partners who implement SAP, Oracle and MS Dynamics ERP packages. He provides ERP selection and implementation consultancy, mainly to midlands companies including SMEs and city councils.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) adoption in SMEs.
- Adoption of cloud enterprise systems in SMEs.
- Measure ERP post-implementation success and recommend further enhancements.
- Reducing overcrowding in emergency departments (A&E) by facilitating better discharge planning.
- Real-time data-driven decision support system for emergency departments (A&E).
- Knowledge mobilisation for agriculture, healthcare and SME sectors.
Enterprise systems (enterprise resource planning - ERP), cloud ERP, knowledge management, KM systems, AI ethics, AI adoption, blockchain ethics, decision making, business process automation, system design, digitilisation (digital innovation & transformation), technology management, information management, business intelligence, business process re-engineering, project management and operations management.
Dr Jayawickrama welcomes enquiries regarding PhD research studies. You should send him your CV and research proposal by email.
Some suggested topics for PhD studies:
- Adoption of AI technologies in SMEs
- AI ethics for organisations and people
- Ethical blockchain implementations
- Adoption effectiveness of cloud ERP solutions in SMEs
- A tool to measure ERP post-implementation success and recommend further enhancements
- Process innovation and integration in healthcare sector
- Knowledge mobilisation for various industry sectors
- Senior Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (SFHEA), UK
- Professional Member of British Computer Society (MBCS), UK
- Professional Member of IEEE (MIEEE), USA
- Member of Euro Working Group on Decision Support Systems (EWG-DSS)
- Member of Association for Information Systems (AIS), USA
- Member of British Academy of Management (BAM), UK
- Certified Oracle Consultant for Oracle Business Accelerators (OBA)
Dr Jayawickrama is a member of following programme/scientific/technical committees:
- A member of the Board of Assistants at EURO Working Group on Decision Support Systems (EWG-DSS); established in 1989.
- Scientific committee member of HCist – International Conference on Health and Social Care Information Systems and Technologies.
- Programme committee member of International Conference on Decision Support System Technology (ICDSST) organised by EURO Working Group on Decision Support Systems (EWG-DSS).
- Technical committee member of ICEME - International Conference on E-business, Management and Economics organised by International Economics Development and Research Center (IEDRC).
- Conference Local Chair of ICDSST 2021 in Loughborough University, UK.
- Jayawickrama, U., Liu, S. and Hudson Smith, M., Akhtar, P. & Al Bashir, M. (2019) “Knowledge retention in ERP implementations: the context of UK SMEs”, Production Planning & Control, vol. 30, no. 10-12, pp. 1032-1047.
- Akhtar, P., Khan, Z., Tarba, S. & Jayawickrama, U. (2018) “The use of internet of things, dynamic data and information processing capabilities and operational agility”, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, vol. 136, pp. 307-316.
- Jayawickrama, U., Liu, S. & Hudson Smith, M. (2017) "ERP knowledge prioritisation for business performance improvement: perspectives of clients and implementation partners in UK industries", Industrial Management & Data Systems, vol. 117, no. 7, pp. 1521-1546.
- Jayawickrama, U., Liu, S. & Hudson Smith, M. (2016) "Empirical evidence of an integrative knowledge competence framework for ERP systems implementation in UK industries", Computers in Industry, vol. 82, pp. 205-223.
- Liu, S., Moizer, J., Megicks, P., Kasturiratne, D. & Jayawickrama, U. (2014) "A knowledge chain management framework to support integrated decisions in global supply chains", Production Planning and Control, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 639-649.