Dr Clare Ravenwood is an is an Associate Lecturer in Information Management, at the Centre for Information Management (CIM), Loughborough Business School. She gained a BA (Hons) in Psychology from Nottingham University before working in the public sector. Clare gained her MA in Information and Library Management from Loughborough University in 2009 and a PhD in Information Science from Loughborough in 2013. Her PhD thesis investigated selection for digital preservation in libraries, archives and museums. She has been a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy since 2016.
Clare’s main research interests are digital preservation, selection and censorship, and archives and community engagement in business. She gained AHRC funding as a Cultural Engagement Fellow in 2016 for the ‘Loughborough Corporate Heritage’ project which explored ways in which business archives, including digitised resources, could be used in company anniversaries and by the local community. Clare supervises a number of undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations and a PhD student.
Clare teaches extensively at undergraduate and postgraduate level. She currently leads modules on Information in Society, Intelligent Organisations, Social Informatics and Technology in Business and Society, and is responsible for postgraduate dissertations on the Information Systems and Digital Innovation programme.
Preservation of digital information, particularly in cultural heritage organisations and businesses; censorship and selection; library management; legal and ethical issues in information management; business and community archives.
- Ravenwood, C. and Zijlstra, T. 2017. Business archives and local communities: corporate heritage in Loughborough, UK. Archives and Records. DOI: 10.1080/23257962.2017.1336615.
- Ravenwood, C., Walton G., and Stephens, D. 2017. Complexity in decision making: determining university library opening hours. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science. DOI: 10.1177/0961000617726127.
- Ravenwood, C., Matthews, G., and Muir, A., 2015. Stakeholders in the selection of digital material for preservation: relationships, responsibilities and influence. Collection Management, 40(2), pp.83-110. DOI: 10.1080/01462679.2015.1011816.
- Ravenwood, C., Stephens, D., and Walton, G., 2014. Establishing influential decision making factors for University library opening hours: an exploratory UK regional study. New Review of Academic Librarianship, 21(1) pp. 52 – 67. DOI: 10.1080/13614533.2014.914960.
- Ravenwood, C., Matthews, G., and Muir, A., 2013. Selection of digital material for preservation in libraries. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science, 45 (4).