Hybrid 3D Concrete Printing for net zero construction manufacturing
An interdisciplinary exploration across design, materials and manufacturing to enable Hybrid-3D concrete printing (H-3DCP) to deliver on net zero for the construction sector.
Five fully funded Vice Chancellor’s Scholarships were awarded in January 2023 to support the following discipline specific projects, coming together for manufacturing operations.
These projects form part of the wider research activities of the 3D Concrete Printing and Process Automation Group:
- 3D concrete printing processes for efficient manufacture and production: minimising material waste
- Road mapping Life Cycle Assessment and approaches for circular manufacture, using hybrid 3D Concrete printing
- Design and performance of high-volume, low-carbon printing materials for 3DCP and hybrid manufacturing processes
- Durability and in-service performance of 3DCP structures to maximise component life
3D concrete printing processes for efficient manufacture and production: minimising material waste
- New approaches for Design for Manufacture to enable disassembly of construction, using 3D Concrete printing and hybrid manufacturing processes