Armed Forces Group
Membership is open to all those who have served in the Armed Forces and their families.
Loughborough University is a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant and is committed to supporting the Armed Forces Community by recognising the value Serving Personnel (both Regular and Reservists), Veterans and military families contribute to the University and our country.
We aim to provide an Armed Forces focus within the University and both regionally and nationally by:
- Promoting Loughborough as an Armed Forces friendly University.
- Supporting members of the Reserve Forces to fulfil their Service commitments.
- Supporting the recruitment of veterans and their families into university employment through recognition of military skills and qualifications in recruitment processes and guaranteeing interviews for veterans who meet the criteria in job specifications.
- Supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners.
Throughout the year we will support National Events, including:
- Armistice Day and Remembrance activities.
- Armed Forces and Reserves Days
- Promote military events to staff and students.
The main purpose of the group is to provide a forum and support network for who have served in the Armed Forces and their family members.
For further information please contact the Chair of the Network, Graham Howard or administrator, Sally-Anne Taylor.