Dr Grammatoula Papaioannou BSc(Hons) (Loughborough), PhD (Loughborough), FHEA
Lecturer in Business Statistics
Sustainability and Supply Chain Management, Applied Statistics, Mathematical Modelling, Firm Performance.
Dr Grammatoula Papaioannou is a Lecturer in Business Statistics at the School of Business and Economics since 2008 and a Programme Director of the specialist MSc in Business Analytics. Prior to this Grammatoula was the Programme Director of the Part Time MBA programme.
She holds a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science and a PhD in Operational Research from Loughborough University.
During her PhD studies Grammatoula worked as a teaching assistant at the School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University.
Grammatoula is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA).
Grammatoula's research interest focuses upon optimisation techniques, with emphasis on the application of combinatorial optimisation and the development of heuristic algorithms. Cellular manufacturing is an area that Grammatoula has worked on and published in top-rated operations research (OR) journals such as European Journal of Operational Research and Annals of Operations Research.
Alongside her OR background, Grammatoula has further extended her interests in the area of supply chain management and firm performance. In particular, her research focuses on forces behind positive transformation (such as collaboration, innovation) and negative transformation (such as natural disasters) across the supply chain.
Grammatoula supervised one PhD student to completion in the area of food supply chain. She currently supervises three PhD students.
She welcomes applications from students with interest in areas of supply chain modelling, firm performance and natural disasters.
Grammatoula serves on the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Data Analysis Techniques and Strategies since February 2010. She was an invited speaker in the Erasmus-IP “Project Management in European Economy” in 2009. Additionally, she has given invited seminars (e.g., University of Macedonia, Kingston University) and presented papers at prestigious international conferences (e.g., EURO, ISL, GSC).
She is a regular reviewer for a number of academic journals including International Journal of Production Economics, International Journal of Production Research, Technological Forecasting and Social Change.
- Despoudi, S, Papaioannou, G, Dani, S (Accepted for publication) Producers responding to environmental turbulence in the Greek agricultural supply chain: Does buyer type matter?, Production Planning and Control, ISSN: 0953-7287.
- Papaioannou, G, Mohammed, A-M, Despoudi, S, Saridakis, G, Papadopoulos, T (2020) The role of adverse economic environment and human capital on collaboration within agri-food supply chains, International Journal of Information Management, 52, 102077, ISSN: 0268-4012. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2020.102077.
- Despoudi, S, Papaioannou, G, Saridakis, G, Dani, S (2018) Does collaboration pay in agricultural supply chain? An empirical approach, International Journal of Production Research, ISSN: 0020-7543. DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2018.1440654.
- Saridakis, G, Papaioannou, G, Dani, S (2018) Introduction to the special issue on "Supply chain decision making in times of unrest, instability and change", Operations Research Perspectives, ISSN: 2214-7160. DOI: 10.1016/j.orp.2018.02.001.
- Saridakis, G and Papaioannou, G (2014) Analysis of non-stationary time-series business data. In Wang, J (ed) Encyclopedia of business analytics and optimization (5 Volumes), Hershey, U.S.: IGI Global. (In Press), pp.96-103, ISBN: 9781466652026. DOI:10.4018/978-1-4666-5202-6.