Dr Lin Guan
Dr Guan is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science at Loughborough University. She received her PhD from the University of Bradford, UK, after which she was appointed as a Research Associate. She then held a project manager/software engineer position in Simulation Systems Ltd shortly, prior to moving to Loughborough as a Lecturer in 2006.
Her research interests focus on performance modelling/evaluation of heterogeneous computer networks and systems (or system of systems); QoX- QoS (Quality of Service, Quality of Resilience, Quality of Experience) analysis, provisioning and enhancements; edge/fog Computing; vehicular ad-hoc networks (VANET); software defined networks (SDN); cloud computing & security, mobile computing, wireless and wireless sensor networks; multimedia systems and Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) with QoS attributes. She has published over 100 journal and conference papers and she has been serving as guest editor for several international journals, such as those published by Elsevier and Springer. She is currently on Editorial Board of Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software (ranked #2 for SE venues in Google Scholar). During her PhD, she was awarded the British Federation of Women Graduates Foundation Main Grant in 2004. She then held two EPSRC/industry CASE awards, one EPSRC/BAE EngD projects and two industrial subcontracts on feasibility study and consultancy. She received a prestigious award as Royal Society Industry Fellow and EPSRC KTA project. One of her current projects works on EPSRC/Rolls Royce funded 4 years project - Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) with QoS Attributes.
- Performance Modelling/Evaluation of Heterogeneous Computer Networks and Systems (or System of Systems)
- QoX: QoS (Quality of Service), Quality of Resilience (QoR), Quality of Experience (QoE) Analysis, Provisioning and Enhancements
- Edge/Fog Computing
- Vehicular Ad hoc Networks (VANETs)
- Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Cloud Computing & Security, IoT, and Next Generation of the Internet
- Mobile Computing and Wireless Sensor Networks
- Network Security
- Multimedia Systems
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) with QoS attributes
- Editorial Board of Elsevier Journal of Systems and Software (ranked #2 for SE venues in Google Scholar)
- Royal Society Industry Fellow 2009-2011
- EPSRC ICT prioritisation panel, 2016, 2018.
- MSc external examiner for Newcastle University, 2015-2019.
- Chair of PMECT 2007-2018.
- Steering member in UKPEW
- Guest editor for the special issue on Elsevier Journal of Computer and System Sciences (JCSS).
- Guest editor for the special issue on Springer Journal of Telecommunication Systems: Modelling, Analysis, Design and Management.
- Guest editor for the special issue on Performance Modelling and Evaluation of Telecommunication Systems in Elsevier Journal of Simulation, Modeling, Practice and Theory.
- Guest editor for the special issue on Challenges and Future Trends in Pervasive Grid of International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Director of MSc programme
- Member of the Networks and System (NetSys) Research Theme