Dr Lars Nagel
Lars Nagel is a lecturer at Loughborough University since October 2017. Previously he was a postdoctoral research fellow at Mainz University. He received his PhD from the University of Durham and his computer science diploma from the Technical University Munich. In between he worked as a software developer for Trium Analysis Online.
His research interests are distributed computing, especially scheduling and load balancing, randomized algorithms and storage systems. Application areas of his work include cloud and green computing, high-performance and exascale computing and storage devices and systems.
- Distributed Computing
- Scheduling & Load Balancing
- Randomised Algorithms
- CS Theory
- Storage Systems
- Program committee member of international conferences: SEAA (2014-15), P2P (2015), PDP (2015-17), ICPP (2016), IPDPS (2017), IWSG (2017), WOPSSS (2017), Euro-Par (2017)
- Reviewer for conferences: IPDPS, Euro-Par, FCT, PODC, P2P, SPAA, HiPC, CloudCom, Cluster, STACS
- Reviewer for journals: Transaction on Storage, Applied Computing and Informatics, Science Review, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, The Computer Journal
- Reviewer for funding organizations: Agence Nationale de la Recherche, National Science Centre Poland