With a degree in Chemical Engineering from Loughborough University, you can expect to have gained a diverse skill set. This will include project management, team work, leadership, business acumen and people management as well as technical expertise, setting you up for a successful career.
Our latest graduates have achieved
£30,000. Average mean salary of those in full time graduate level employment or self-employed1
95% of graduates in employment and/or further study2
1DHLE, 2017 graduates. Mean salary, FT UK & Channel Isles first degree students in professional employment
2DLHE, 2017 graduates in employment and/or further study. UK/EU & Channel Isles, FT first degree students
Due to their unique and specialist skills, engineers are the top earners in terms of starting salaries alongside graduates from medicine and dentistry (Times Good University Guide). Chartered Engineers command even higher salaries and once you have reached this status you can expect to earn a salary of over £60,000 per year.
As well as a top salary, a degree in Engineering presents wide reaching opportunities from world leading blue chip organisations to developing countries.
Recent graduate roles and destinations
Our graduates work across the globe at many of the world’s leading companies. The following are some of the roles our recent graduates are doing.
- Technology Engineer, 3M
- Scientist – Process Engineer, Astra Zeneca
- Operations Graduate, British Sugar
- Design Engineer, Exxon Mobil
- Environmental Homologation, Ford
- Process Engineer, Genesis Oil & Gas
- Engineer, GSK
- Variation Analysis Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover
- Process Engineer, Johnson and Mathey
- Process Engineer, Perenco
- Graduate Process Engineer, Perenco Uk
- Process Chemical Engineer, Proctor&Gamble
- Engineer, Sabic
- Graduate Chemical Engineer, Saria Uk
- Chemical Engineer, Sellafield
- Process Engineer, Shell Trading & Drilling