Research and expertise
My current research area focusses on Comfort, Health, and Wellbeing with a major thrust on understanding how Personal Cooling System (PCS) can support the psychological adaptive mechanisms of the occupants of houses to remain comfortable during the household chores. My research will aim to assess the thermal comfort and energy savings potential of PCS devices in different conditions of a household.
I have experience in conducting occupant’s thermal comfort survey, primary data collection, and whole-building energy modelling and simulation. I have demonstrated skills in conducting measurement and experiments in the built environment, including data analytics. My research interests include adaptive thermal comfort, personal cooling systems, passive & low-energy cooling/heating technology, policies, and data analytics for energy efficiency.
- Vaidya, P., & Bhadra, J. (2020). Solar Decathlon India: Future-ready and Future-proof Buildings. ISHRAE, 23 (March-April 2020), 34-36.
I contribute to learning and teaching activities including support and advisory to Solar Decathlon India in developing learning modules, webinars, and other contents for capacity building of students in various courses related to the built environment.
In my past role as Teaching Assistant at CEPT University, I supported and contributed to delivery of modules in the MTech – Building Energy Performance program.
I am a Doctoral Researcher in Energy Resilience and the Built Environment (ERBE), at the School of Architecture, Building, and Civil Engineering of Loughborough University.
I am interested in data-driven and evidence-based research which can potentially solve practical problems in combating Climate Change impacts. I am actively involved in volunteering activities. I have served as the Doctoral Researcher (DR) Rep for the Building Energy Research Group in 2020/21. I am currently serving as a Hall-subwarden at Towers Hall and Vice-President in the Doctoral Researcher Presidential Team 2021/22.
I have completed my MTech in Building Energy Performance from CEPT University, India, and BTech in Architectural Engineering from SRM University, India. I am a member of ASHRAE, IEI, and four Technical Committees of ASHRAE. I am a Chartered Engineer from the Institution of Engineers (India). Before starting my PhD at Loughborough University, I worked in the energy-efficiency sector for more than five years with a focus on low-carbon development of the urban residential sector, assessment of not-in-kind passive/low-energy systems, analysis and assessment of residential building energy use, identifying energy-efficient and low-carbon development pathways for residential buildings while ensuring thermal comfort, passive & low-energy cooling/heating technology, policies, and data analytics for energy efficiency, to drive policy formation and/or adoption.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Associate Member - ASHRAE
- The Institution of Engineers (India) [IEI]
- Member – IBPSA England
- Academic Excellence Award: Ranked 1st (Academic Excellence) in Post-Graduation (Building Energy Performance) at CEPT University in 2017
- President’s Scholarship: Received President’s Scholarship from CEPT University in 2015 and 2016
- University Topper: Ranked 1st (Gold Medallist) in Under-Graduation (Architectural Engineering) at SRM University in 2013
- Excellence in Academic Performance: Received Scholarship for Excellence in Academic Performance from SRM University in 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Advisory and Technical Support – Solar Decathlon India
- Reviewer in Journal “Energy and Buildings”
- Young Engineers in ASHRAE (India Chapter)
- Provisional Corresponding Member of Technical Committee of ASHRAE (T-TAC-TC07.01, TC07.04, TC07.06)
- Corresponding Member of Technical Committee of ASHRAE (T-TAC-TC04.02)
My research and enterprise activities are conducted with a range of academic and stakeholder partners, including:
- The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Chilisleep™, Kryo Inc.
- Outlast Technologies GmbH