Research and expertise
I have a number of years of work experience in the HVAC industry and with world-renown Heat Pump manufacturers. I am particularly interested in renewable energy integrated advanced HVAC systems and low-zero energy buildings.
My expertise primarily includes energy and building simulation tools such as Design Builder and TRNSYS.
- Building energy simulation
- Solar thermal energy
- Gilani HA, Hoseinzadeh S. Techno-economic study of compound parabolic collector in solar water heating system in the northern hemisphere. Applied Thermal Engineering. 2021 May 25;190:116756. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2021.116756
- Gilani HA, Hoseinzadeh S, Karimi H, Karimi A, Hassanzadeh A, Garcia DA. Performance analysis of integrated solar heat pump VRF system for the low energy building in Mediterranean island. Renewable Energy. 2021 Aug 1;174:1006-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2021.04.081
- Gilani HA, Hoseinzadeh S, Esmaeilion F, Memon S, Garcia DA, Assad ME. A solar thermal driven ORC-VFR system employed in the subtropical Mediterranean climatic building. Energy. 2022 Jul 1;250:123819. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2022.123819
I contribute to learning and teaching activities across the Schools programmes including:
- Heat transfer
- Solar thermal engineering
I completed my bachelor's studies in applied physics at Islamic Azad University of Central Tehran Branch in 2002.
I received my MSc in mechanical engineering at Eastern Mediterranean University in Northern Cyprus in 2019 as the top student with a CGPA of 4 out of 4. During my Master's degree, I was primarily focused on applications of solar thermal energy in meeting buildings' thermal demands. I was also a full-time teaching assistant in my department.
Moreover, I am a Design Builder and TRNSYS tutor at Faradars (https://faradars.org), Irans's largest online learning platform.
I joined the ERBE CDT program in October 2021.