Security, Peace- Building and Diplomacy MSc
- Entry requirements: 2:2 (or above)
- Year of entry: 2017
- Full-time: 1 year
- Location: London
- Part-time: Up to 4 years
- School: Loughborough University London
This programme explores the link between national and global security and the role of peace-building in developing multi-layered communities and nations.
You will benefit from specialist teaching and professional guidance on the relationship between diplomacy, international security and peace-building.
You will uncover appropriate theories, concepts and methods associated with this work, while exploring the relationships between development and peace-building, civil-military relation, cyber security, global identity and security.
- To provide specialised, systematic and in-depth knowledge of the study of and the relationship between diplomacy and international security and peace-building deploying appropriate theories, concepts and methods associated with the specific subject area
- To enable students to acquire a critical awareness of the current issues involved in the study of the relations between diplomacy, international security and peace-building
- To provide training in the concepts and applications of research appropriate for the study of diplomacy, international security and peace-building
- To offer opportunities for independent study and research within the related fields of diplomacy, international security and peace-building
- To equip students with the skills to pursue careers as trained specialists in diplomacy with particular reference to international security and peace-building
An honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification in a social sciences, humanities or associated subject. Overseas qualification equivalencies can be found here.
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not. Find out more here.
Modules are assessed by a combination of essays, group exercises, presentations and time constrained assignments. Subject to your choices, there may also be exams. Take a look at our modules to see what assessments you can expect to undertake.
This programme will equip you with the skills to pursue a career as a trained specialist in diplomacy, with particular reference to international security and peace-building.
Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.