- 20% off tuition fees for self-funding postgraduate research students who are not in receipt of any other award, and who obtained their previous degree from Loughborough University.
- Both campuses
- UK/EU and international students
- 20% off tuition fees
Interested in studying for a PhD? We are offering a 20% discount on tuition fees to Loughborough alumni and students who are due to complete a Loughborough degree, who start PhD study with us on or after 1 October 2017.
Continue your journey…
This new scheme is designed to help more of our high calibre students and alumni to continue their Loughborough journey and join our close-knit community of post-graduate researchers, working on an incredible range of projects which aim to solve real-world issues.
By continuing your studies with a postgraduate research degree at Loughborough, you will have access to a range of outstanding facilities, training support and resources, and a minimum of two expert supervisors.
Who is eligible for the Alumni Bursary Scheme?
- Applicants must be, or expected to be, Loughborough University degree award holders (bachelors or masters degree). You can apply before you have completed your degree, however you must have successfully obtained a LU award by the time of registration.
- The scheme will be available for new PhD students starting on or after October 2017.
- Applicants must be entirely self-funded (without external funding, e.g. scholarships or sponsorships).
- Both full time and part time applicants are eligible, as are UK, EU and overseas students.
- The bursary cannot be combined with any other University discounts or awards.
How do I receive the Alumni Bursary?
If your application for PhD study is successful, you will be sent a letter alongside your offer explaining your eligibility for a 20% tuition fee discount if you agree to self-fund your studies.
If you decide to accept, you must reply to the offer and let us know how you are planning to fund your studies. Any eligible applicants confirming that they will be self-funding will have the Alumni Bursary formally confirmed.
Still have a question? Get in touch
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the Postgraduate Research Admissions team.