How to apply
Completing the application form
Information and guidance on how to successfully complete each section of the online application form.
- You can enter more than one address and telephone numbers to do this ensure you click the ‘add’ button after each entry.
- If you enter more than one address please ensure you tick the mailing address box for the address you wish us to use for this application.
- Enter your subject in the free text subject box. Qualifications can be grouped together by using the free text subject field e.g. 9 GCSEs including English and Maths.
- To add further records please use the ‘add’ button.
- If you do not hold any qualifications, please put N/A in the mandatory fields and enter today’s date to complete the section.
- You must account for all periods of employment, paid or voluntary.
- If you are unsure about your exact start and end dates, please put the date as the 1st of the relevant month.
- For salary, please enter just numerical values e.g. 20000 for £20,000.
- Please complete this field if you have a National Insurance number.
- Please ensure if you do require sponsorship to work in the UK you answer Yes, and indicate in the next field ‘Supporting Information’ your current immigration status.
Ensure complete information is provided for all referees named. If you do not want us to contact them please identify this on the application form when prompted. It is always advisable that your referees know you have used their names and email addresses before we contact them to obtain references.
Loughborough University is committed to achieving an educational and working environment which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, sex, class, sexual orientation, age, disability or special need. The University has an equal opportunities policy which, in order to be effective requires that we know more about the composition of the workforce.
The information you provide in this section will be treated as Strictly Confidential and will be used only for Equality & Diversity monitoring arrangements. The information you provide is completely confidential and will not be seen by any person involved in the selection process.
The University has been awarded Level 2 of the new Disability Confident scheme by the Department of Work and Pensions. The University is committed to taking actions as outlined in the Scheme;
- Theme one: getting the right staff with disabilities and
- Theme two: keeping and developing our staff with disabilities
Therefore we will guarantee an interview to anyone who is disabled or has an impairment whose application meets all the essential criteria that can be measured from the application form.
A disability is defined as a “physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on a person’s ability to carry out normal day to day activities and must be expected to last for 12 months or more.”
- Please answer the questions by selecting the appropriate option from the drop down list.
- Please indicate if you require any special arrangements or facilities being made available for interview in the corresponding disability description box.
- If you have stated ‘Yes’ to convictions, please ensure that you include the conviction, date and type of sentence.
- Please select from the drop-down menu where you saw this vacancy advertised.
Please use the additional information space provided here to highlight your skills and expertise that are relevant for this post, you will need to clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria (maximum characters is 15,000 with spaces). Please read the job description and person specification before completing this section. Please pay particular attention to this section giving full reasons as to why you feel that you are suitable for the post.
For posts on the following Grades only: Research Teaching and Enterprise, Specialist and Supporting Academic, Management and Specialist, Technical Services 6, please attach your CV and publications list (if applicable) and use the section ‘additional information’ to add anything else you feel is relevant to your application which has not already been captured (maximum characters is 15,000 with spaces).
- Please note that we only accept one attachment in support of your application, therefore please ensure that your CV and publications are submitted in one document which is clearly named with your surname followed by forename and the reference number of the post e.g. SMITH John REQ110000. The maximum file size is 5mb (Acceptable file types include .txt .ppt .jpeg .docx .doc .jpg .pdf .rtf).
Please ensure you have read the declaration statement at the end of the candidate summary page, and tick the box to agree to the terms of the declaration.