Welcome to the Loughborough University web page for students from Uganda!
With origins as a Technical Institute first formed in 1909, Loughborough University received its Royal Charter in 1966. Then called ‘Loughborough University of Technology’, it was the country’s first technological university.
We have welcomed Ugandan students to Loughborough for decades. The university offers numerous scholarship opportunities from partial merit awards of 25% through to the 90% Dean’s Award Scholarship. In September 2015, we welcomed students to our London campus for the first time, with our launch of Loughborough University in London (LUiL).
Loughborough has performed well in each of the national league tables published this year; in fact, we are now in 4th place out of the UK’s 123 universities (Guardian 2017). We are proud to have won the WhatUni University of the Year 2015 as well as awards for the Best Student Union and Best Accommodation. As a student from Uganda, if you hold a Ugandan Certificate of Education in English then you may not be required to take an IELTS exam.
Loughborough offer a range of scholarships for students from Nigeria, including a 100% African Development Trust Scholarship available for Postgraduate students. More information about our scholarship offerings can be found here.
Please find below the popular programmes for Ugandan students. If you would like any further information about your programme of interest you can contact the department directly by following the 'contact us' link on each programme page.
- Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering
- Business, Finance and Management (including MBA and MBA with internship)
- Chemical and Materials Engineering including Polymers and Nanotechnology
- Civil and Building Engineering
- Computer Science
- Digital Cloud Technology and Internet
- Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering
- Energy related Engineering (Distance Learning available)
- Industrial / Product Design
- International Relations
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mobile Technology
- Water and Waste Management (Distance Learning available)