Institute for International Management
The Institute for International Management is committed to becoming a leading centre for training and research into the successful management of international organisations across different national context.
International Management at Loughborough
Our inspiring location offers a unique learning environment for anyone who shares a passion for international business and management. London is one of the world’s leading hubs for global business and trade and is the ideal location for students to expand their knowledge, expertise and networks.
In addition to our exciting range of taught programmes, there are also a variety of funded and unfunded opportunities to join the Institute for International Management as a doctoral researcher. You can develop your own unique research proposal or browse our current list of PhD opportunities – either way, we’d love to hear from you.
Research and teaching
The Institute for International Management is actively engaged in international research projects concerning the globalisation of economic activity, the role of the state in the economy, and the implications for corporate strategy and patterns of work and governance. As a still young Institute, it has started to develop expertise in a range of emerging market economies over the past few years.
Current research within the Institute for International Management includes:
- Multinational companies (MNCs) and ‘Global Actors’
- The role of Human Resources, including policies and practices
- Employment Practice in MNCs
- The role of the state in the economy
- State-business relationships and corporate political activity
- (Ir)responsible corporate behaviour and sustainability
- Institutional changes and trajectories of socioeconomic development models