Get Ahead Together
Get Ahead Together is a six-week group mentoring programme which helps you to:
Get Ahead Together is a group mentoring programme which helps you to:
- Feel part of your academic school and university community
- Get supported with your transition into life at university
- Get first-hand advice from your experienced peer mentors
- Gain knowledge on study skills, maximising your money, securing work opportunities, and navigating challenges at university.
Attendees will receive:
- A free weekly meal!
- A workbook full of useful resources and tips
- An allocated mentor from your academic school
- Advice and workshops from staff at the university
Semester One Sessions – These take place throughout October - November.
- Step into Study at Loughborough
- Maximising your money
- Securing work opportunities
- Navigating challenges at university with confidence
Semester Two Sessions – These take place throughout February – March.
- Navigating your future success: Placements, internships and work experience
- Assessment resilience: Tools for coping with exams, essays and group projects
- The ultimate student house survival workshop
- Success in your second year: Managing the step-up
The sessions are run by the Student Success Team and the peer mentoring sessions are co-designed and delivered by students for students.
To register your interest in this programme early, or if you’re a current student and are interested in becoming a Peer Mentor for the programme (paid work opportunity), please email us.
Last updated: 16th February 2024