Parents and Supporters

We understand that sometimes you may want to contact your student but be unable to do so.

We recognise our students as independent adults. Therefore, we need their consent to talk to anyone outside the University about them, including parents and guardians.

What we can tell you

We cannot confirm to a third party including parents or guardians if someone is a student at the University, or their whereabouts.

But should you wish to tell us about your concerns, we will follow up on issues raised.

We require all students to provide the details of an emergency contact when they register for their programme of study. This may be a parent, guardian, or other responsible individual. We will use emergency contact details in very serious situations when it’s in the student’s vital interests that we do so.

Read our information sharing policy.


Who to contact and how?

Students are independent adults.

We are unable to share information without consent.

You can share concerns about a student with Student Services. Student Services are open 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday.

You can contact Student Services by:

You can also contact our Security Team. They are available 24/7, 365 days a year.

Contact details for an urgent or emergency situation

Should you have concerns that are an emergency please call 999.

Should you have concerns that are an urgent situation please call 01509 222141

Last Updated: 10th March 2023