EDI - Disability
This subject guide lists sources of information on Disability. There is also a separate subject guide on Neurodiversity which you might find helpful.
Databases View more
Here are the key databases/online resources to start finding information in your subject area. Click on 'View more' to go to the full listing for the Library, and use the filters to find more for this subject and others.
You can access books and e-books via the Catalogue (also known as Library Catalogue Plus) to search for and check their availability. The Catalogue also provides links to e-books and displays the shelf marks of physical books in the Library. We have detailed the shelf marks of the most popular topics below (the level is for the Library in Loughborough).
Videos View more
Use the videos to learn more about some resources or finding information.
Frequently asked questions View more
Here are some of the most popular questions asked by students in this subject. If you have a different question, check 'View more' or ask your Academic Librarian.
Books Library Catalogue
Here are a selection of books available on the subject of Disability. To discover more in our collection, you can search our Library catalogue
- Demystifying disability: what to know, what to say, and how to be an ally
- Disability visibility: first person stories from the twenty-first century
- Doing disability differently: an alternative handbook on architecture, dis/ability and designing for everyday life
- International disability rights advocacy: languages of moral knowledge and institutional critique
- Talent development in Paralympic sport: researcher and practitioner perspectives
Journals E-journals A-Z Catalogue
Here are a selection of journals available on the subject of Disability. To discover more of our journal collection you can search on our A-Z listing or our catalogue.
Repository Research Repository
The University's Research Repository has a collection which gathers together research material, authored by Loughborough academics and researchers, on the subject of Disability.
Archives University Archives
Here are some examples of content in the Archives on the subject of Disability.