Learn how to connect your device to the network of campus printers.
1. Log in with your username and password
2. Click on the Mac Printing Folder (above) and select from the list 'RichoPrinterDriver.pkg' to download. Hold Ctrl and then click on the package to open it. Follow through the installation agreeing to the license. During the process you will be asked for your Computer username and password to install the software.
3. Next you need to Install the 'Staff Mono printer.pkg' which will download the package. Hold Ctrl and then click on the package to open it. Follow though the installation as in step 2.
4. Click the Install the 'Staff Colour printer.pkg' which will download the package, . Hold Ctrl and then click on the package to open it. Follow though the installation as in step 2.
5. Check that the printers are available by looking in Printers and scanners within System Preferences.
6. Carry out a Test Print which will then prompt you to enter your University User ID and Password and tick the box to save these details in your key chain.”
Select Run and System Preferences
- Run the RicohPrinterDrivers.pkg
- Navigate to System Preferences and click on Print and Scan.
Complete URL field
Next to the Type field, select the drop-down menu and select Windows printer via spools.
The URL field should be filled in in the form of….
smb://staff-print.lboro.ac.uk/staff-mono – See Cups
smb://student-print.lboro.ac.uk/student-mono– See Cups
The Name field will auto-populate. In the name field put in the short name for the queue (e.g. staff-mono)
Select General Option
For mono printers select the drop down menu next to the Colour Mode field and select Black and White. For colour printers select the drop down menu next to the Colour Mode field and select Colour.
Navigate to the bottom of the page and select Set Default Options
Optional: By default CUPS assigns all prints to single sided, to change this, change the duplex option from off to long Edge. Note this option should be changed if you wish to print to duplex(double sided) by default, if you only occasionally wish to print via duplex, then this can be done via the print window in the application you wish to print from.
Enter Admin credentials.
Repeat for other printers if required.
Once all printers have been configured, we recommend disabling the CUPS web interface for security purposes. To do this, launch Terminal, and type cupsctl WebInterface=no and press Enter.
If you are not bound to the domain when printing you will be prompted for your username and password.
Ensure that Registered User is selected, enter Name in the format username and Password completed with your University password.
If you are the sole user of your system you may choose to Remember this password in my keychain which means you will no longer be prompted for your username and password as the job will be sent to the printer automatically, and you will be charged accordingly when you print.
Go to the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard or hover your mouse in the bottom left of the screen and click on the Start icon when it appears.
Once the installation is complete, you will be able to use these printers from an application of your choice.