English Language Support
Loughborough University London Students
Many Loughborough University London students start their journey here at Loughborough on a pre-sessional or study skills course. ALSS has a EAP Tutor based at the London Campus to support students during their studies in London. Much of the support is embedded within the curriculum focussing on academic language and academic conventions directly relevant to the module assessment.
Further information can be found here.
Workshops for doctoral researchers – London Campus
ALSS runs a series of workshops on writing during semester 1 and semester 2 specifically for doctoral researchers. The workshops focus on language and communication characteristics of advanced academic writing. They are classified under RDF Domain A (Academic Literacy). To sign up for these workshops, locate the following titles in LEARN.
- Exploring Academic Writing Style - Part 1
- Exploring Academic Writing Style - Part 2
- Exploring Structures and Features of Research Articles
- Exploring Research Article Abstracts
- Exploring Research Article Introductions
- Exploring Research Article Methods Sections
- Exploring Research Article Results Sections
- Exploring Research Article Discussion Sections