Entrepreneurs will have 10 minutes to sell their idea to a panel of leaders. It will be followed by a short Q&A as start-ups gain feedback on their business plan.
The winner will be offered a free 12-month membership of LU Inc. - the Loughborough University business incubator.
Other selected founders will be invited to join the LU Inc. Sport Tech workshop series later in 2022.
The panel are interested in sport-related start-ups which are:
- within three years of set-up
- showing demonstrable traction
- ideally have a working prototype
Entrants might be working in areas including exercise, health & wellbeing, sports facilities of the future, materials, accessibility or participation.
The University is a global hub for sport technology and innovation. It is home to world class facilities, athletes, expertise, institutions and sports bodies across its East Midlands and London campuses.
- School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences
- Sports Development Centre
- Sport Technology Institute
- Sport Park (located on LUSEP)
- Institute for Sport Business (located on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park)
LU Inc. works with founders as they start, scale and grow sports tech businesses.