The new look website is now live and can be found at: www.lboro.ac.uk/community.
Built with an eye-catching colour scheme in a style that can be viewed on PCs and mobile devices, the site aims to provide a one-stop shop for residents and other interested parties wanting to find out about the University’s community activities.
On the site, you will find sections on:
- Campus developments: updates on current and planned developments (construction projects) that may be of interest, especially to the University’s nearest neighbours.
- Using our campus: information on facilities and amenities on campus that are available for the community to use.
- Supporting the community: all you need to know about University activities that support the community (including Community Donations Fund, LSU Rag and Action)
- Community liaison: who the University works with on community matters and key contact information for the local resident groups.
- Key dates: a calendar of important dates including term times, open days, graduation and other events which may result in large numbers of visitors to the campus.
- Contacts and complaints: who to contact at the University in the event of issues and how the University deals with incidents and complaints.
- Managing issues: information on how the University responds to common concerns. This section includes specific information on the operation of the Student Street Support Scheme.
People can also sign-up to receive the University’s new community e-newsletter through the website. The newsletter will keep people regularly updated on community-related news, projects and activities.
Stakeholder Relations Manager at the University, Alison Barlow said: “There has been a community website for a number of years now but we have been working hard over the summer to give it a new look and update the content.
"We are also pleased to be introducing a new e-newsletter which will allow us to keep people up-to-date very easily with all the University’s community activities.”