Dr Kemefasu Ifie BSc (Accounting) Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria. MA (Business Management), Northumbria University, UK. PhD (Marketing) Loughborough University, UK
Lecturer in Marketing
Associate Director (Enterprise) for the Centre for Service Management
Full-time MBA Programme Director
Frontline Employees, Salesforce management, Service Management.
Before taking up a Lectureship in Marketing at Loughborough University, Dr Ifie worked as a Lecturer in Marketing at the School of Management, Swansea University. Prior to embarking on postgraduate studies and an academic career he worked with Citibank.
He regularly presents his latest research findings at leading conferences and has published in the Journal of Business Research, Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Services Marketing, Service Industries Journal and Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services. He is a regular reviewer for Service Industries Journal, The Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services and the Journal of Services Marketing
Dr Ifie’s research interests include services marketing and management as well as sales management. The bulk of his research focuses on the contribution of frontline employees to fulfilling the marketing concept and improving firm performance. Recently, Dr Ifie has begun to research on consumer behaviour in online environments.
- Baker, T. L., Chari, S., Daryanto, A., Dzenkovska, J., Ifie, K., Lukas, B. A., & Walsh, G. (2019). Discount venture brands: Self-congruity and perceived value-for-money?. Journal of Business Research forthcoming.
- Ifie, K., Simintiras, A. C., Dwivedi, Y., & Mavridou, V. (2018). How service quality and outcome confidence drive pre-outcome word-of-mouth. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 44, 214-221.
- Kearney, T., Walsh, G., Barnett, W., Gong, T., Schwabe, M., & Ifie, K. (2017). Emotional intelligence in front-line/back-office employee relationships. Journal of Services Marketing, 31(2), 185-199.
- Ifie, K. (2014). Customer orientation of frontline employees and organizational commitment. The Service Industries Journal, 34(8), 699-714.
- Simintiras, A., Watkins, A., Ifie, K., & Georgakas, K. (2012). Individual and contextual influences on the affective commitment of retail salespeople. Journal of Marketing Management, 28(11-12), 1377-1398.