Dr Elaine Conway PhD, MBA, BSc (Hons), SFHEA, FCMA, MCPFA, MCIM, MCMI
University Teacher in Accounting and Finance
Elaine joined the School of Business and Economics in January 2022. Prior to this, she was Senior Lecturer in Accounting and Finance at the University of Derby for eleven years, teaching on a range of accounting modules at undergraduate, postgraduate and professional levels.
She has a PhD from the University of Derby, an Executive MBA from Duke University, USA and a BSc (Hons) from Aston University.
Elaine is currently the Small Business Engagement Coordinator for SBE, with responsibility for coordinating the school’s activities with small and medium-sized enterprises across research, teaching and enterprise, in support of the Small Business Charter accreditation.
Elaine’s research interests include Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), sustainable business, SME business resilience, including the resilience impacts of technology adoption in SMEs and corporate reporting.
- Cowling, M., Liu, W., Conway, E. (2021) ‘Ethnicity and bank lending before and during COVID-19', International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJEBR-02-2021-0157
- Cowling, M., Conway, E. (2021 in press) ‘Overdue debt obligations and what happens to banks when Government grant support to firms stops’, Journal of Financial Services Marketing.
- Kotera, Y., Conway, E., Green, P. (2020) ‘Construction and Factorial Validation of a Short Version of the Academic Motivation Scale.’ British Journal of Guidance and Counselling, Volume July 2020.
- Conway, E., Kotera, Y. (2020) ‘Ethical judgement and intent in business school students: the role of the psyche?’ International Journal of Ethics Education. Vol. May 2020.
- Conway, E. (2019) ‘Did removing prudence from the Conceptual Framework impact accounting conservatism?’ International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance Volume 4 (17). https://www.inderscience.com/info/ingeneral/forthcoming.php?jcode=ijbaaf
- Conway, E. (2019) ‘Quantitative impacts of mandatory integrated reporting’. Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, Volume 17 (4), 604-634.
- Conway, E. (2019) ‘To Agree or Disagree? An analysis of CSR Ratings Firms’. Social and Environmental Accountability Journal. Volume 39 (3), 152-177. https://doi.org/10.1080/0969160X.2019.1613248