Dr Radmehr Monfared PhD, MSc, BSc, FIMechE, CEng
Senior Lecturer in Intelligent Automation
Obtained BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering (1988-Amirkabir University), MSc in Computer Integrated Manufacturing (1994-Loughborough University), and PhD in Modelling of Cell Control Systems (2000-Loughborough University).
Worked for more than 17 years with various industrial domains, including automotive, aerospace, electronics, and train maintenance, with main focus on manufacturing automation, virtual engineering, production control and monitoring, and business analysis and simulation.
He is currently an academic member of the EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Intelligent Automation at Loughborough and the team leader for a number of automation projects within the centre with particular interest in automation through robotics, intelligent sensing and advanced vision systems.
Research Interests and Activities
- Intelligent automation systems
- Human-robot collaborations
- Virtual engineering
- Enterprise modelling
- Business assessment and system change capability
- Simulation and visualisation of engineering systems
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (FIMechE)
- Member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Reviewer for Journal of Robotic and Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Co-Editor for International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2007 IEEE R&A, IEEE IES, RSJ and SICE)
- Reviewer for Journal of Computer in Industry
- Reviewer for Journal of Production Research