We welcome contact from individuals who are interested in applying to hold research fellowships in the department. The Department has a strong track record of success with research fellowships and has hosted fellows funded by the Royal Society, the ESRC and the British Academy.
We can offer first-class research facilities and a vibrant research culture. Incoming research fellows will be mentored by a member of academic staff.
Recent postdoctoral researchers, or research students who are close to completion of their PhD, should make contact with an appropriate member of academic staff to discuss possible funding applications. Details of staff research interests can be found in the Research section.
There are a number of funding schemes that are available which cover mathematics education or mathematical cognition research.
Further information can be found on the following websites:
For UK / EU candidates:
- British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships
- ESRC New Investigator Strand
- ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships, University Research Fellowships, Education Research Fellowships
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships