Research and expertise
I am an Architect and Project Manager with a current research interest in information communication in Digital Construction systems.
Current Research Activity
- 2020-2023 - Assuring Information Integrity in Digital Asset Delivery. Supervised by Dr Karen B Blay, Dr Peter Demian, and Professor Tarek Hassan
Recently Completed Research Projects
- 2022 - Conceptualising Information Misinterpretation in Digital Asset Delivery
Nsiah-Appiah, N.Y., Blay, K.B., Demian, P., Hassan, T.M. (2022) Conceptualising Information Misinterpretation in Digital Asset Delivery. LUPIN. Available at https://hdl.handle.net/2134/21159013
I contribute to learning and teaching activities across ABCE programmes including:
- Professional Skills
- Collaborative BIM Design Project
- Measurement of Complex Structures
- Management of Design and Construction
- Design Studio (LuARC Part A and B)
- Planning, Estimating and Cost Management
I am a Partner Architect at a reputable architectural firm. My early career spanned a decade working as Project Architect and Project Manager on commercial, civic, educational, and residential projects for private and corporate clients, as well as government agencies on donor-funded projects, international project collaborations, and infrastructural audits. I additionally volunteered as a guest juror on student design thesis presentations for the Department of Architecture of my alma mater and as Team Mentor in a covid-response design competition.
Having completed a Master of Science degree (with Distinction) in Construction Project Management, at Loughborough University, my current research focuses on assuring information integrity in socio-technical information communication systems in Digital Construction.
I am a PhD researcher investigating human-technology interactions in Digital Construction information communication, its implications for assuring information integrity, and capabilities for optimising digital technology adoption in Digital Construction projects.
Additionally, I provide learning and teaching support for undergraduate and postgraduate modules in ABCE, as a University Teacher through lecturing, lab tutorials for modules that involve comprehensive use of 2D-5D BIM technologies, guest juror support for part 1 and part 2 design presentations for LuARC, coursework, and exam script marking and invigilation.
- Association of Project Management (APM)
- Associate Member, Ghana Institute of Architects (GIA)
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Representative – ABCE Hub Committee (2022 to date)
- Faith Coordinator – Life Beacon International, UK
- Sub-warden – Butler Court Hall, Loughborough University