Dr Mark Brend PhD
- PhD in vortex dynamics at The University of Warwick (2009).
- Member of the Rolls-Royce UTC in combustion system aerothermal processes since 2010, management team since 2012.
- Member of the Rolls-Royce lean burn team since 2012.
Outline main research interests
I have broad interests and experience in fluid dynamics, including vortex dynamics, boundary layer control, swirling and rotating flows, energy separation, two phase flows and turbulence.
My main research contribution relates to holistic delivery of optical measurements in adverse environments. This encompasses robotic delivery of measurements, calibrations and the reduction of big data to meaningful statistics. This allows assessment of component performance for aerodynamically driven combustion systems.
- Combustion system aerodynamics
- Fluid dynamics
- Experimental design
- Advanced instrumentation
- Data processing/statistical techniques and mechatronics
- Applied Aerodynamics