Sports events and training camps
We are home to the country’s largest concentration of world class facilities and support staff across a wide range of sports. We are proud to be the world number 1 university for sports development.
We attract leading sports professionals, sports governing bodies, corporate businesses and sports enthusiasts all wanting to take advantage of our amazing facilities.
We are home to several National Governing Bodies, including the ECB; British Athletics; British Swimming; British Triathlon; British Weightlifting; England Netball; as well as the England and Wales Cricket Board’s National Performance Centre, the English Institute of Sport and the British Athletics National Performance Institute.
With our central location in the heart of England, we are one of the UK’s premier sports destinations ideal for Sports Camps including tournament preparation camps and pre-season training programmes. Our facilities are also ideal for competitive multi-sport events for both aspiring athletes, professional sports and corporate events.
We can also provide unrivalled support to athletes utilising our wide range of performance sport expertise including strength and conditioning, performance analysis, physiology, nutrition and health sciences.
Your sports experience incorporates:
Places to play
- World competition standard grass and artificial pitches
- Outdoor stadia
- Indoor sports halls
- Athletics and throws centre
- Olympic standard 50m swimming pool
- Squash, badminton and netball courts
- Indoor and outdoor tennis centre
- Free to play recreational pitches
- State-of-the-art gyms and fitness centre
Services to support
- Strength and conditioning
- Performance analysis
- Coaching and mentoring
- Provision of match officials
- Altitude chamber
- Education workshops
- Team building
- Guest speakers
Places to sleep and eat
- Specialist 44-bedroom Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel, including 20 altitude bedrooms
- 225 bedroom on-site 4-Star Hotel with conference and meeting facilities
- 94 bedroom 3-Star Hotel with meeting facilities
- 2,500 standard and premium student halls
- Performance nutrition
- Flexible food solutions
- Food on the go
- Formal and informal dining
The Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel
We have recently opened our newest facility - The Elite Athlete Centre and Hotel. This is a unique specialist hotel environment, designed specifically to meet the needs of elite athletes and their support staff.
Our pioneering new hotel provides 44 specialist bedrooms - including 20 altitude bedrooms allowing guests to live high and train low - and our high-performance restaurant that provides world class nutrition, enabling elite athletes to meet their dietary needs. The environment serves as a vehicle to educate and empower athletes on how to make appropriate choices to achieve and optimise their individual performance goals.