Sport Business and Innovation MSc
- Entry requirements: 2:1 (or above)
- Year of entry: 2017
- Full-time: 1 year
- Location: London
- Part-time: Up to 4 years
- School: Loughborough University London
This programme focuses on the key principles of innovation and enterprise which are cornerstones to the world of sport business.
Acquiring these essential skills will enable you to recognise the link between theory and practice and improve your management skills. This programme provides you with opportunities to develop innovative solutions to real problems that are currently facing sport businesses today, allowing you to gain a competitive advantage when applying for positions in the sector.
Students will examine the rapid growth in the business of sport and its accompanying impacts in an era of significant social, economic and technological change. Through this examination you will be able to identify industry trends, understand customer needs, and establish and evaluate the organisational practices required to remain competitive in a global sport marketplace.
- Use action based learning to develop insight into the knowledge and skills required for innovation in the sports industries
- Develop the critical analysis skills required to evaluate and reflect on the innovation process and the behaviours required to manage innovation in the sports industry
- To develop a critical understanding of the dynamics of the sport business sector
- To provide students with the skills of advanced networking and team working in order to compete in a rapidly changing business environment
An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification from a wide range of subjects/disciplines. Overseas qualification equivalencies can be found here.
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not. Find out more here.
Modules are assessed by a combination of written assignments, group exercises, presentations and time constrained assignments. Subject to your choices, there may also be exams. Take a look at our modules to see what assessments you can expect to undertake.
An MSc in Sport Business and Innovation prepares you for career paths in the fields of sport, business and business innovation. Opportunities may include careers in commercial sporting organisations, international governing bodies of sport, the government and the notfor-profit sector. You will also acquire the skills required to establish your own sport enterprise if desired.
Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.