Entrepreneurship, Finance and Innovation MSc
- Entry requirements: 2:2 (or above)
- Year of entry: 2017
- Full-time: 1 year
- Location: London
- Part-time: Up to 4 years
- School: Loughborough University London
This programme analyses the entrepreneur, the innovation process and the role of financial support when creating and sustaining new entrepreneurial organisations and businesses, supporting growth and affecting innovation.
This programme gives you the opportunity to explore and reflect on the skills needed for success and the role of old and new financing models in business.
This programme provides you with a robust understanding of the acquisition of funding, financial management skills that support and sustain the innovation process, along with the skills required to take action, you will be well placed to succeed in today’s marketplace.
- Develop a critical understanding and the ability to reflect on the importance of an entrepreneurial attitude in individuals and organisations, particularly for relatively small and new firms
- Develop students critical thinking in order to evaluate the factors affecting the success of the innovation process
- Use action based, academically grounded learning to develop insight into the complexity of the innovation process, analysing and evaluating problems and responding to challenges in real time
- Develop students’ understanding and analytical reflection of the complexity of managing the finances of a start-up business, including the legal considerations and the importance of good governance, and offer insights to analyse and address issues
- To provide students with the skills of advanced network
An honours degree (2:2, 55% or above) or equivalent overseas qualification. Overseas qualification equivalencies can be found here.
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not. Find out more here.
Modules are assessed by a combination of essays, group exercises, presentations and time constrained assignments. Subject to your choices, there may also be exams. Take a look at our modules to see what assessments you can expect to undertake.
As well as the ability to set up and understand the finance models for their own venture, graduates of this programme will also have the skills to progress into large blue chip companies and work in finance management, developing new products, markets and customer segments.
Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.