Cyber Security and Big Data MSc
- Entry requirements: 2:2 (or above)
- Year of entry: 2017
- Full-time: 1 year
- Location: London
- Part-time: Up to 4 years
- School: Loughborough University London
This programme is aimed at providing an opportunity to advance your knowledge and widen skills through guidance and interaction with industry professionals and academic staff from the current, cutting edge product and manufacturing fields of Digital Engineering and Innovation Management.
This course is for engineering, science, technology or computing graduates who wish to develop a career in the automotive or related industries, by further specialising their existing knowledge and skills. The programme is also beneficial for those who wish to update their skills and gain a refreshing outlook on digital engineering and management, following time spent working in industry.
Thus, this programme will provide the opportunity to enhance career prospects in a range of advanced technology and engineering related disciplines. Industry led seminars will transfer first-hand knowledge from leaders in the field. Each module has been designed to develop a strong foundation of next generation engineering and will provide students with the skills required to undertake design and manufacturing maintenance and testing of high-value products.
- Provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the challenges in cyber security faced by industry and society, and will help them to develop the necessary skills to address those challenges in the most effective way
- Utilise both cyber security and big data analytics techniques to analyse and evaluate problems and respond to challenges with practical applications in real time
- Build students’ knowledge and develop expertise in network security and cryptography, including big data analytics to combat malicious activities and to detect anomalies in the network
- Provide individuals and teams with employment skills essential to the cyber security industries and related businesses, such as IT, e-commerce, and governmental organisations using action-based learning
An honours degree (2:2 or above), or an equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University in electronics, computing, physics, mathematics or a related discipline. Overseas qualification equivalencies can be found here.
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not. Find out more here.
Modules are assessed primarily by exams and also include a combination of group exercises, presentations and time-constrained coursework and assignments with varying levels of weighting depending on the nature of each module. Take a look at our modules to see what assessments you can expect to undertake.
Graduates from this programme will be in a very strong position to take on digital technology posts in a wide range of sectors, including Internet and cloud based businesses, finance firms, governmental organisations, consultancy companies operating in information, communication and network security, as well as those sectors dealing with massive personal data, such as health and wellbeing, where users’ privacy and data security needs safeguarding.
Graduates will also have the opportunity to enhancemtheir knowledge and career prospects further by undertaking an MRes or PhD programme.