Before you arrive
Photo ID Requirements
Before you register online, it is important that you select an appropriate photograph for your student ID card. This photograph will also be entered onto your student record and may be used to confirm your identity when using the services provided by the University (Library, Halls of Residence etc.).
The uploaded image should:
- be a recent photo of you alone
- be upright (i.e. vertical, portrait) - as we cannot rotate images once submitted
- show your full face with eyes open
- be without any hats or headwear (unless for religious or medical reasons)
- have no other people or objects in the photo
- have a plain light background
- be in colour, clear and in sharp focus
- have a file format of JPEG (.jpg extension)
- be less than 1MB (megabyte) in size
- be approximately 300 pixels wide and 400 pixels high, which is 4cm x 5cm (at a resolution of 200 pixels per inch)
If you are experiencing difficulties cropping and uploading your image, please contact us.
Please note that you will able to continue with online registration even if you have not been able to upload your image. Once your photo is ready for upload, please re-enter Online Registration via the photo upload portal and login using your IT credentials.