- General information
- Occupancy & costs
- Support & contacts
This lively friendly hall takes its name from Professor Elvyn Richards, the University's second Vice-Chancellor from 1967 to 1975, a leading exponent of aircraft design and a world authority on noise acoustics. In 2009 the Hall re-located into new en-suite accommodation developed with our partners UPP.
Elvyn is the largest catered hall, it’s also the best. You meet so many different people who are always up for some fun!
Rich, 19, Politics & Economics
Student types: Undergraduate and ERASMUS 2 semesters
- All En-suite rooms
- Beds are 4ft (double bedding recommended - pillows not supplied)
- 5-8 students share large Lifestyle kitchen
- Catered 10 meals per week Mon - Fri: Lunch and evening meals (term time only) - further catering information
- Self catering facilities for weekends and out of term time
- Weekly kitchen and communal area cleaning, fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Card/coin operated laundrette (The Hub)
- Games/common room (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Freewire TV is only available by wired socket
- Iron provided
- Bike store
Hall info: Due to the eco design of this new-build accommodation, there are on-going problems with regards to mobile phone connection within the building. It may be advisable to make alternative contact arrangements in case of an emergency (phones are provided in kitchens for internal Hall calls).
Elvyn Richards Hall
A Parking Control Agreement is in force, for more information see: can I bring a car?
This hall is owned by UPP and managed by Campus Living, Loughborough University.
Located in the VILLAGE area of campus
Occupancy and costs
Accommodation packages available for 2013/14
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathroom for 41 weeks @ £6,174.60 (plus £107.60 fee for fresher week)
Hall Subs for 2013/2014: to be confirmed
Arrival Dates 2013/14:
- New Undergraduates: Tuesday 24 September 2013
- Returning Students: Sunday 29 September 2013
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 2 February 2014
41 weeks let: 29 September 2013 - 12 July 2014
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter Vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 31 January 2014 (Semester 1 students)
- Saturday 12 July 2014 (Semester 2 and full year students)
Support and contacts
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your Hall.
Hall Manager: Linda Moulton
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222254 or 223803
Please contact the Front of House Manager/Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Front of House Manager: Debbie Smyth
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223826
Chef: Aldo Guarasci
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223825
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Lesley Davis
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 222270
- Mr David Smith
- Mr Daniel Kraszewski
- Miss Andrea Burris
Duty Mobile: 07591479007
The Student Hall Committee is at the centre and pulse of hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students. For more information please look at the Hall website.
Hall Subs: Students are required to pay a subscription to the Student Hall Committee to support the activities of the Hall, usually collected on arrival.
This is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the Hall Committee.
Loughborough University accepts no liability for the content of this website.