Re-applying to hall
Current Undergraduate students (except Foundation Art & Design*)
We’re not just here for freshers - continue the Loughborough Experience in University Halls
Did you know that you can apply to stay with us throughout your studies at Loughborough? It's easy to apply!
Applications can be made online between 10.00am on Thursday 1 December 2016 and 12 noon on Friday 27 January 2017. Just click on the Accommodation login tab.
If you are re-applying to return to hall for 2017/18, please take note of the following:
- For details on hall fees, please refer to our Hall Fees Guide 2017/18 (available from end December 2016)
- Students paying full Overseas Tuition Fees are normally guaranteed a hall place within the same hall for any two years of study.
- Applications are welcome from students who were not offered a room in hall in their first year.
- Returning students are allocated a room at the warden's discretion.
- If you need a room for a disability-related reason, please note this under ‘do you want a particular room’. If you wish to return to an adapted/wheelchair accessible room, you should also email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. FAQ - Special requirements.
- Applications from students with outstanding accommodation fees for the Autumn Term 2016 will not be offered accommodation.
- If you are going on placement but not yet received an offer, we suggest that you apply for a hall place. Your room bond will be returned upon completion of an Accommodation Cancellation Form and proof of your subsequent placement.
- If you have arranged to go on placement for Semester 2, please note on your application that you will require a First Semester Licence only. If you have arranged to go on placement for Semester 1, please contact us in November 2017 to apply for Second Semester accommodation.
- If you wish to cancel an accepted Licence, you may only do so prior to 1 June 2017, you will be liable for cancellation charges.
- If you will be graduating and intend to return to Loughborough as a Postgraduate student, you can apply online for accommodation from April 2017 - please see How to apply for your room as a Postgraduate Student for further information.
*Art Foundation students: If you are currently on the Art Foundation programme, you will NOT be able to apply as a returning student. You should apply for your accommodation via UCAS as a new Undergraduate student, you will receive further information on how and when to apply from May 2017.
- David Collett (standard rooms only) will be on a 35 week let length - rooms to be vacated and cleared for the 4 week Easter vacation only.
- Cayley, David Collett (standard 4 ft & ensuite), Faraday, Royce, Rutherford and Towers will be on a 39 week let length - rooms do not need to be cleared during the academic year.
- The Annual Fee takes into account a reduced catering and cleaning service for the Christmas and Easter vacations - there is no meal service during the University closure periods.
- Elvyn Richards will be on a 41 week let length - rooms do not need to be vacated during the academic year. Meals are only provided during Term time.
Self Catered Halls
- Butler Court, Falkner Eggington, Harry French, Telford and William Morris will be on a 39 week let.
- Hazlerigg-Rutland, Robert Bakewell and The Holt will be on a 41 week let.
- All self catered rooms are available throughout the term of the let, students do not need to vacate during the vacation periods.
Overall numbers of beds available
A third of halls rooms are available to returning students.
The room bond for next year is £150. Payment is due upon acceptance of your accommodation Licence.
The Halls Information pages and Licence Terms and Conditions are a part of your Licence Agreement that you sign for your room. See the Fees, documents and forms page.
Early Termination of the Licence: At the Students's Request
If you wish to cancel a previously accepted contract, the following clause will apply from the Terms & Conditions of Occupancy:
6.2.4 If the Student wishes to cancel this Licence before the start of the Licence Period they may do so prior to 1 June 2017, but must submit a completed Accommodation Cancellation Form and pay a cancellation charge to the University as follows.
Date Cancellation Form Received Cancellation Charge
on or before 30 April 2017 £75
1 May – 31 May 2017 £150
From 1 June 2017 if the student wishes to terminate the Licence, clause 6.2.5 will apply (unless the Student falls into one of the categories listed in clause 6.1 or exercises their right to cancel under clause 12).
6.2.5 If the Student wishes to terminate the Licence from 1 June 2017 and before the start of the Licence Period, all Licence Fees are applicable unless and until the University grants a Licence of the Premises to another student reasonably acceptable to the University and not already applied for University accommodation. It will be primarily the Student’s responsibility to find the replacement occupier. A cancellation charge of £150 will apply.