Halls of residence
This hall is named after the Chairman of the University Council from 1966 to 1982.
DC is located in the west park on campus and is close to the Engineering departments and University Library. The hall offers spacious rooms located in six different blocks.
- Bedrooms: 323
- Catering: Catered
- Student types: Undergraduate
- Location: West park
At David Collett you will find:
- Blocks A, B & C – rooms off a central spiral stairway with 4 ft beds
- Blocks D & E arranged around a central corridor with single beds
- 4 - 9 students share shower and toilet facilites
- 7 - 14 students share kitchenettes (average 8 per kitchen)
- Block F - en-suite rooms with 4 ft beds. 8 students share kitchenette
- 1 wheelchair accessible room available
- Quiet rooms available
- Fully catered Monday to Friday - 15 meals per week (reduced during vacation periods)
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning
- Kitchenette cleaning weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily (Monday to Friday)
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- Four common/games rooms with pool and tennis tables, Freeview and 40" HD TV (facilities subject to change)
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless network
- Bike shed
Accommodation packages available for 2017/18:
- Single standard bedrooms for 35 weeks @ £5,343.20* (rooms to be cleared and vacated at Easter - no storage in room)
- Standard (4ft bed) for 39 weeks @ £5,891.03*
- En-suite (4ft bed) for 39 weeks @ £6,908.59*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Wednesday 27 September 2017
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union David Collett Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Wednesday 27 September 2017
- Returning students: Sunday 01 October 2017
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 04 February 2018
35 weeks let: 27 September 2017 – 30 June 2018
Accommodation (standard rooms only) during the Easter Vacation period is not included in the Licence period. Rooms need to be vacated and keys returned by 10:00 on Saturday 17 March 2018 and all belongings removed. Keys can be collected from 10:00 on Sunday 15 April 2018.
39 weeks let: 27 September 2017 – 30 June 2018
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 02 February 2018 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 30 June 2018 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our Hall Managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hall Manager: Wendy Gent
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223834
Please contact the Front of House Manager / Chef for any food queries or dietary requirements.
Senior Duty Manager: Brett Bars
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223810
Chef: Aldo Guarasci
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223825
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues
Hall Warden: Ms Sheryl Williams
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222269
Mr Jonathan Bigger
Mr Rounaq Nayak
Miss Preethi Rajaprakasam
Duty Mobile: 07526256981
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.