Halls of residence
This hall is named after Sir George Cayley, a Yorkshire baronet, who laid down the foundations of modern science aerodynamics.
Located in the village, Cayley is at the heart of campus and close to lecture theatres, sporting facilities the University Library and the Students' Union.
Construction work will be commencing during summer 2017 to construct a new hall of residence adjacent to the Cayley site. We will give further details here as soon as they are available.
- Bedrooms: 227
- Catering: Catered
- Student types: Undergraduate, Art and Design Foundation
- Area: Village
At Cayley you will find:
- 2 - 8 students share a kitchenette (number sharing facilities is higher in the larger blocks)
- 3 storey blocks - 14-15 students share small kitchenette
- Standard (wash hand basin) rooms: 2 - 8 students share bathroom facilities
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite: 2 students share adjacent bathroom
- Quiet rooms available
- Large common/games room - Freeview TV, table football, darts and more (facilities subject to change)
- Fully catered Monday to Friday - 15 meals per week (reduced during vacation periods)
- Fortnightly bedroom cleaning (under review for 2018/19)
- Kitchenettes cleaned weekly
- Communal toilets and showers cleaned daily (Monday to Friday)
- Communal areas cleaned weekly
- Card/mobile app operated laundrette
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Bike shed
Accommodation packages available for 2017/18:
- Standard (wash hand basin) bedrooms for 39 weeks @ £5,814.66*
- Standard (wash hand basin) bedrooms (small kitchen) for 39 weeks @ £5,740.55*
- Single bedrooms with shared en-suite bathrooms for 39 weeks @ £6,622.94*
- Single bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms for 39 weeks @ £6,832.22*
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Tuesday 26 September 2017
For information regarding subscription charges for freshers, returners and affiliates please see the Loughborough Students Union Cayley Hall page.
- New Undergraduates: Tuesday 26 September 2017
- Returning students: Sunday 01 October 2017
- Semester 2 students: Sunday 04 February 2018
39 weeks let: 26 September 2017 -30 June 2018
Rooms to be vacated by 10am on the end date of the contract:
- Friday 02 February 2018 (semester 1 students)
- Saturday 30 June 2018 (semester 2 and full year students)
Our Hall managers are responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have within your hall.
For general enquiries email: email@example.com
Hall Manager: June Newton
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223880 or 223838
Please contact the Front of House Manager for any food queries or dietary requirements
Front of House Manager: Marilena Cipolla
Phone: +44 (0) 1509 223888
Chef: Alan Pervin
Phone: +44 (0)1509 223820
The warden team are responsible for pastoral and discipline issues.
Hall Warden: Ms Trish Barnard
Phone: +44 (0)1509 222268
Mr Lorenzo Stilo
Mr Vassilis Kampanas
Mr Richard Winter
Duty Mobile: 07816297232
The Student Hall Committee are on hand to offer support to the hall community. The committees are elected annually and are run by students for students.
For more information visit the hall website. Please note this is not a Loughborough University website, but is produced and managed by the students on the committee. We accept no liability for the content on the hall website.
All halls have their own facebook page and all new students moving into this hall will be invited to join.