The Loughborough MBA
The Loughborough MBA is aimed at experienced professionals looking either to advance their careers and make a real difference to the organisations they work for or to lead their own successful businesses.
We believe that your experience adds value to the classroom. That's why we are exclusively looking for applicants both academic ability and substantial achievements and leadership potential.
Successful applicants must hold:
- Minimum of three years’ management/professional work experience (required by AMBA-accreditation) PLUS
- An honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification; membership of an approved Chartered Institute; or a Diploma in Management Studies.
See our full list of International Qualification Equivalencies for all countries. Degrees must be obtained from a university or institution recognised by Loughborough University. Please contact us to clarify if required.
GMAT is not required.
The requirement of a degree or similar qualification is occasionally waived for those who possess significantly higher levels of experience and achievements – in which case an interview and test will normally be required.
MBA English language requirements
All applicants for admission to Loughborough University must have a qualification in English Language before they can be admitted to any course or programme, whether their first language is English or not.
English language requirements for international students; any of the below:
- IELTS: overall 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each component. The School will accept lower IELTS scores if you undertake the University's pre-sessional English course.
- TOEFL with an overall score of 92, and no sub-test score below 22
See full list of English language qualifications we accept.
Candidates who choose the MBA with professional internship option are expected to have a very good standard of English.
Applications and Visas
- If you are certain you wish to opt for the 1 year MBA you will need to register on the 1-year MBA and apply for the appropriate visa if required.*
- If you wish to opt for the Internship pathway you will need to register on the 2-year MBA and apply for the appropriate visa if required. If you later decide not to undertake an internship, or do not secure one, you can transfer to the one-year programme.
*Under new rules (April 2016, UKVI) you cannot now extend your visa whilst in the UK. If you apply for the 1 year version of the MBA and subsequently decide to extend to the 2-year version with internship, you will need to leave the UK and apply for a new visa overseas.