Chemical Engineers are fantastically well-placed to tackle some of the global challenges that we will face in the next 50 years.
Through the integration of world class teaching and research we aim to develop skills in science, technology, management and communication that will equip these future engineers for professional careers in a broad range of process industries.
Industrially focused we have strong links with world leading companies in the UK and overseas which our students benefit from by adding value to their studies through our structured industrial placement scheme, gaining vital professional experience, and enhancing their employment prospects.
With a world leading reputation for research we are home to the EPSRC Doctoral Training Centre for Regenerative Medicine. Ranked third in the UK for research quality1, we work closely with other universities and global organisations to ensure that we remain at the cutting edge of innovation.
We also have an enterprising culture within the Department, notably through our successful industrial collaborations, spin out companies and Knowledge Transfer Partnerships.
Why choose us?
- Top 10 in the UK for Chemical Engineering, The Guardian University Guide 2018
- 91% of employed graduates in professional or managerial roles2, average starting salaries over £27,0003
- Unrivalled industrial links – over 30% more students on placement than any other university
- Top 3 in the UK for overall quality of research in aeronautical, mechanical, chemical, and manufacturing engineering (*REF 2014 UoA B12, based on GPA x volume)
- £17 million STEMLab, a state-of-the-art teaching facility opening in 2017