Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering
Dr Anthony J.B. Jackson
MA, PhD, CEng, FRAeS
- 1959 to 1997; Rolls-Royce plc, based at Derby; various engineering management posts, finishing as Director of Technology at RR Canada in Montreal.
- 1997 to present: Senior Visiting Fellow at Loughborough University in Aero and Auto Engineering
- 1997 to present; Visiting Fellow and then Senior Research Companion at Cranfield University in the School of Engineering
Research interests and activities
- Gas turbine technologies, especially engine performance, turbo-machinery aerodynamics, air systems and engine structure
- Loughborough University – Gas Turbine Design modules in Part C; lecturing and tutoring
- Cranfield University – Lecturing to, and supervision of, Masters Degree students in the School of Engineering
- About 20 published papers on various aspects of gas turbine performance
- 4 year period on AGARD Propulsion and Energetics Panel as member of the UK delegation; organisation of various conferences
- Referee for various Conference and Journal papers for ASME, Royal Aero Soc et al
- Research and management of various EU and IEA research contracts for Cranfield University
© 2017 Loughborough University. All rights reserved.