About the department
Dr Cunjia LiuB.Eng, M.Eng, PhD
Lecturer in Unmanned Vehicles, or Flight Dynamics and Control
Tel +44 (0)1509 227 228
- BEng, MEng, Guidance, Navigation and Control, Beihang University (BUAA), 2001-2008.
- PhD, Aerospace Engineering, Loughborough University. 2007-2011.
- Control system designer, Triumph Actuation & Motion Control Systems – UK, 2011.
- Research Associate, Loughborough University 2012-2013.
- Teaching Part B Control engineering
- Charles Sharpe Beecher Prize 2013 by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) Aerospace Division.
- Control and Reliability
Research Interests and Activities
- Flight dynamics, modelling and system identification
- Guidance navigation and control
- Autonomous decision making for unmanned vehicles
- Nonlinear and robust control methods and their applications in aerospace engineering
- Bayesian estimation techniques and their applications in artificial situation awareness
- Flight test and platform development for small unmanned aerial vehicles
- Journal referees for: International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics (AIAA), Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology.