Loughborough University is one of the UK’s leading centres of excellence for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). Our new STEMLab has been created to provide state-of-the-art learning facilities for our students covering most of our Science and Engineering disciplines on campus.
"STEMLab allows us to develop new courses to train future scientists and engineers in the disciplines of tomorrow."
Professor Rachel Thomson, Dean of the School of Aeronautical, Automotive, Chemical and Materials Engineering. Academic Lead for the STEMLab initiative.
- Provides 3,500m2 of modern, energy efficient, co-located and shared science and engineering teaching laboratories, incorporating engineering design and workshop facilities for students
- Greatly enhances the teaching provision for Loughborough’s existing STEM students
- Enables the launch of new degree programmes which build on Loughborough’s distinctive research strengths
- Continues to provide skilled, highly employable STEM graduates into the UK’s vital industries
- Builds on our successful outreach work to engage school-age students in STEM subjects