Sprint Women's Development Programme
An immersive personal development programme for female UG and PG students!
Your chance to develop your confidence and assertiveness, and harness your personal power in 3.5 days!
Designed by Springboard Consultancy in conjunction with the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge in order to equip students with the skills required to accelerate their potential in all areas of life (including academic study, personal life and professional endeavours).
What will you gain from taking part in this 3.5 day female development programme?
Our licensed female trainer, Dr Sophie-Louise Hyde, will deliver the programme over 3.5 days to help you:
- Develop your confidence;
- Harness your own personal power and learn about influence in relation to this;
- Identify your values and understand your personal brand;
- Set personal and professional goals, and become more assertive;
- Leverage your networks - in terms of your peers and other internal / external guests;
- Develop strategies for managing your time and ensuring work / life balance;
- Learn to manage stress and embrace change (where necessary).
Are you eligible to apply to take part?
This programme is open to:
- All current female students (UG and / or PG depending on the programme on offer), including those who identify as female or non-binary;
- All who identify with the objectives and aims of the Sprint programme (as above);
- Finalists and recent graduates are eligibile to apply for the Sprint programme in the year in which they graduate.
Please note: you must be available to attend all 3.5 days of the programme.
When can you take part in the programme?
This year, Sophie will be run a number of programmes for UG and / or PG students across both our Loughborough and London-based campuses.
- Programme 1: Open to London PG students - 5th, 6th, 9th and 10th December 2019. Days 1-3 will be from 2pm - 8pm, Day 4 will be 2pm - 6pm.
- Programme 2: Open to LSU Executive officers, section chairs and / or committee members at LSU - week commencing 16th December 2019. Days 1-3 will be from 9.30am - 4pm, Day 4 will be 9.30am - 12.30pm.
- Programme 3: Open to Loughborough UG students - February / March 2020 (dates TBC).
- Programme 4: Open to Loughborough PG students - April / May 2020 (dates TBC).
Additional support and benefits
As part of taking part in this programme, you will receive:
- An A4 folder that you can keep in future - this will cover the programme's content and allow you to track your progress or make notes after the programme finishes, too;
- An opportunity to access Sophie as your trainer and / or another female helper or mentor 1:2:1 following the programme;
- Access to a range of online resources - linked to the course content, but also additional tools;
- The chance to hear from inspiring women who will talk during each day of the programme about their own journeys and experiences - you'll get the chance to network with them and ask questions;
- The opportunity to network with and access external guests from our sponsor organisations (specific to certain programmes).
- A LinkedIn recommendation / endorsement direct from Sophie following your completion of the programme.
Is there a cost to you?
No - the Sprint women's development programme is free for all UG / PG students taking part. However, please bear in mind:
- If your application is successful, you will be expected to attend all 3.5 days of the programme. If you are unable to do so, your place may be offered to another student on the waiting list;
- Places on this course are limited to only 32 students at one time - be sure to apply as soon as you can to avoid missing out;
- You will only receive your LinkedIn recommendation following your completion of the programme in full.
Where can I find out more?
You can find out more about the programme and its success by downloading and reading the documents below:
Sprinting for Success - an article from Training Journal in January 2016;
How to Apply:
To apply to attend the Sprint PG Programme for London students (5th-10th December 2019), please click here.
If you're an LSU Executive Officer, Section Chair and / or LSU Committee member, apply here (w/c 16th December 2019).
Because of the limited number of places per programme (32), applications will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Strength of application;
- Criteria as per the above on this page;
- If all applications are strong and there is nothing else to distinguish between applicants, we will offer places in order of receipt of application so we recommend applying as early as possible!
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR OUR LONDON / LSU PROGRAMMES: Midnight on Sunday 24th November 2019.
The outcome of your application will be emailed to you by the end of November 2019.
Applications for our programmes in 2020 will open at a later date. Please contact LEN@lboro.ac.uk to register your interest for this quoting 'Sprint Programme 2020'.
While the Sprint programme is here to develop your skills and knowledge as per the above list and this may apply to your future aspirations re: Career goals and / or entrepreneurship, the programme will not cover specifics such as CV writing, job interviews and applications, assessment centres or the process of how to start a business. All topics will still lend themselves to supporting you in these future aspirations, though!
If you have any questions about this programme ahead of submitting your application, please contact Dr Sophie-Louise Hyde (Student Enterprise Adviser and licensed trainer for this programme) and she will get back to you directly.
We look forward to receiving your applications!