Please note that we are currently working remotely and will be conducting appointments by Microsoft Teams (face to face) and telephone.
IMPORTANT - Before requesting a SASS appointment
Before booking your appointment please check our online information in case this answers your query:
UG Changes to your studies (including deferring, transferring course, reassessments and repeat study, leave of absence, stretching your degree)
Request an appointment with the Student Advice and Support Service
Please do not request an appointment if you have already received an email containing a link to book an appointment in TARGETconnect - in this case refer to the instructions on how to book an appointment in TARGETconnect.
To request an appointment with the Student Advice and Support Service (SASS) please either:
- Complete our ONLINE APPOINTMENT REQUEST FORM
- Phone +44 (0) 1509 222765
You can also email us for advice on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you require advice or support with emotional, mental health and wellbeing concerns or issues which are impacting on your studies and life at university, you can complete the University Mental Wellbeing Referral Form
If you require careers advice or support with your cv / application form please contact the Careers Network
How to book an appointment in TARGETconnect once you have been emailed a link
1. If you haven't received an email inviting you to book an appointment in TARGETconnect you will initially need to request an appointment by completing our online appointment request form above and wait until you receive an email from us.
2. Once you have been invited to do so by an adviser, log into our Target Connect System with your Universityusername and password (i.e. the ones you use for Learn)
- If you are a prospective student who has applied to Loughborough University and have received your IT credentials, please use these to log into TARGETconnect
- If you are a non-student or a prospective student who has not yet received their IT credentials, our First Contact team will phone you to book an appointment shortly
- If you are a graduate and you have been informed that your university email address is no longer valid, please register as such (if you haven’t already) on TARGETconnect so we can process your appointment request: https://lboro.targetconnect.net/unauth/graduate/login. Please note that if you haven't registered we will be unable to book you an appointment
3. Click 'Book appointment' to see a list of all the appointments that you are eligible to book.
4. Select the type of appointment you wish to book and choose the 'View Appointments' button.
You should then be able to see a list of available appointments - simply choose the one that suits you and click 'book now'
Please note that our advice team work dynamically enabling us to offer appointments remotely by telephone or MS Teams and in person at the Bridgeman Building on the Loughborough campus.
- If you book an ‘in-person or remote appointment’ you can choose for this to take place in person (Bridgeman Building, Loughborough campus), by telephone or MS teams.
- If you book a ‘remote appointment - telephone or MS Teams’ and later wish to change this to see someone in person, a new booking will need to be made to enable this (Contact our First Contact Team (+44 (0) 1509 222765 or email@example.com) to cancel your appointment and re-arrange a new date/time for when the adviser is available to see you in person)
You will receive an email confirmation (to your University email address or personal email address if you are a graduate) confirming details about the appointment.
Microsoft Teams Appointments
For current students, your adviser will contact you at the start of your appointment via Microsoft Teams. Please be logged onto MS Teams and marked as available on the system and ready to receive the call.
If you are not a current student, your adviser will email you a link before the appointment to join the Teams meeting. You can open this link in Teams or in an Internet browser. Most modern browsers (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Safari) support this but it will not work with some older browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer).
How to cancel or reschedule an appointment
Cancelling your appointment
- If you were sent a link and booked your own appointment in TARGETconnect, you can cancel it by logging back into our Target Connect System with your University username and password (i.e. the ones you use for Learn).
- You can cancel your appointment by phoning +44 (0) 1509 222765.
Rescheduling your appointment
If you want to reschedule your SASS appointment you will need to initially cancel your original appointment as above.
You can then request another appointment by either submitting our online appointment request form or by phoning +44 (0) 1509 222765.