We worked with staff and students to develop a set of values that will influence the work of the Library. They are:
- A library environment that is safe, welcoming, and offers a variety of comfortable spaces that will inspire learning, research and creativity
- Staff that are approachable, helpful, knowledgeable, courteous and take pride in working for the University Library.
- Information sources that are easily accessible, relevant, reliable and of high quality
These values will inform the evaluation of our current services and any new ones we may deliver in the future.
Our objectives are:
- To support and facilitate the research, learning, teaching and administrative activities of the University, by organising, maintaining and providing access to appropriate literature and information resources in such a way as to provide optimum benefit for Library users.
- To supply services and expertise designed actively to promote the effective exploitation of Library and information resources, including the teaching of transferable information handling skills.
- To provide an appropriate and comfortable environment, accommodation and facilities for the use of Library resources, and for individual and group study.