Working for Loughborough University

International applicants

Right to Work in the UK

Prior to commencing employment, you will be required to undertake a “Right to Work Check” to evidence that you have permission to work in the UK. You will not be able to start work until this check has been completed.

The University does not make suitability decisions for roles based on nationality; all applicants who meet the criteria outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification for the role will be considered.  All offers of employment are made on a conditional basis, subject to the candidate obtaining the relevant permission to work in the UK.

You will be asked on your application form whether you require permission to work in the UK, and if so, whether you would require Sponsorship.

If you are making an application and you are not a British or Irish national, please refer to the link below for information on UK visa requirements:

If you are an EU/EEA national, and you already live in the UK, you may wish to review the information about the EU Settlement Scheme.


The University is an ‘A’ rated sponsorship license holder and therefore able to sponsor candidates who require a Skilled Worker visa for certain eligible roles. You can find out more about Skilled Worker visas here.

If you are applying from outside the UK and require Sponsorship, the University is required to apply to the UKVI for a defined Certificate of Sponsorship.

If you are already in the UK under another immigration category and are eligible to switch into the Skilled Worker category, the University will be able to assign an undefined Certificate of Sponsorship. Once a Certificate of Sponsorship has been assigned details are provided to the candidate for including on their visa application.

Please note: you will be required to provide your ORIGINAL degree certificates, English Language test certificate (if applicable) and ATAS certificate (if applicable) prior to commencing your role. Your Recruitment Officer will provide you with further information about the documentation required once you have been offered the role.

Please note: In addition to your visa application fee, you may need to pay an Immigration Healthcare surcharge as part of your immigration application. 

Any queries regarding immigration issues and right to work should be addressed to HR Immigration.